Our Education Department specializes in creating immersive learning experiences and workshops that offer teachers opportunities to work with primary sources, hear from content experts, and discover new ways of integrating social studies content into a wide range of subjects. Previously offered topics include:
- Technology in Paul Revere’s Time: Teaching Simple Machines through Social Studies
- Rachel Revere: Revolutionary Woman
- Writing, Reading, & Preserving 18th Century Letters
- Struggle towards Freedom: Slavery and Abolition in Massachusetts
Any of these or a new topic can be adapted for your group.
Education staff are also available to collaborate with other cultural or educational organizations. We can teach one or more sessions of a longer workshop, either by demonstrating one of our existing programs or creating a new lesson. Past sessions have included:
- Paul Revere, The Man Behind the Myth
- Immigration in Boston’s North End
- Mapping Paul Revere’s Ride
- Paul Revere: Civic Minded Man
Please contact Emily or Adrienne in the Education Department at 617-523-2338 to learn more about our offerings.